About a month ago, I got to teach the high school girls' class at UCC. Of course you know what usually happens when you teach a class like that; you end up getting way more out of it than they probably did. The series they are on is about writing your spiritual autobiography, or telling your story. I think it's a really important process to look back over your life, see where God has taken you, and how he has worked, so I was really excited to talk to these girls about it. During the class, one of the girls casually mentioned something that has been on my mind ever since: the people that God brings into your life at exactly the time that you need them.
Whatever "season" of life I've been in, God has always put somebody in my life who was exactly who I needed at that time. There was the friend that was there when my best friend moved away, the friend who was there when my heart was broken, or the friend who introduced me to everyone when I was the new girl. And of course there are countless other examples of people that were so perfectly placed in my path, sometimes just because of a conversation we had, or a card they sent me, or because they understood exactly what I was going through and didn't think I was crazy.
So now, as I'm about to encounter a lot of change in my life, I've been really comforted by that thought. God has always provided. I've learned firsthand how faithful he is: the statement that God is faithful is no longer just another phrase for me, but rather something He has proved to me. So I have no reason to doubt that God won't provide the people and support I need this time, too. That's definitely hard for me to remember at times....but isn't that why it's helpful to write a blog post about it? :)
Love this Melanie! It was so encouraging!
ReplyDelete